Thursday, August 24, 2006

We´ve arrived!!

Hello everyone-
We have arrived safely in Santiago, Chile!! We´ve been here a full28 hours and I already I can tell life here in the city is crazy. The house here in Santiago is small but comfy and is right next to a bunch of shops and botellerias (beer shops). We arrived here at 5am on Wednesday and watched the sun rise as the Andes mountains came into view, what a sight. Now I thought I had seen some really high mountains, but nothing compares the the majestic view of the Andes.

Yesterday after a much needed nap, Roy (one of the current associates) took us to his English class at a local public high school. We were able to help him with his lesson plan of teaching the kids about tourism, as they asked us a bunch of questions about boyfriends, music and the like. We then went to a half private, half public school (a Holy Cross School) and helped with Tom and Cailtin´s (again, current associates) English class for elementary school kids. We even played duck-duck-goose with them, it was crazy, yet lots of fun.

We then took the scenic route home on the bus, ate a quick dinner and watched Eraser in Spanish, crappy in English and crappy in Spanish. So far things are going well and I´m really enjoying the Chilean lifestyle. Today, we are again with Roy, but this time we are at St. George´s, another Holy Cross school, but this one is full of dinero. In fact, we´re using the computers here and if I end up working here, I´ll be online all the stinking time!! Class starts in like 20 minutes, so I better wrap this up, but I just wanted to let everyone know that I¨m here safe and things are going well.

Oh, one last note. The flight here wasn´t all that bad. It was long, but I feel like I´ve been on longer flights. And I have yet another stamp in my passport!! Hecks yes!! I miss everyone like crazy, but know that I¨m here safe and I¨ll keep you updated on my whearabouts and how to get ahold of me as soon as I know that information. Until next time...

:-) Natalie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope you are taking your camera everywhere. You need to be taking lots of great pictures like those night shots in Chicago. Those were just shockingly good.