Monday, August 28, 2006

Quick update...

Okay, so I have a little time left in the internet cafe in Los Andes, the city closest to Pocuro, which is south of Santiago and I just wanted to once again let everyone know that things are going well.

So much has gone on since we´ve arrived it would take much more than the 15 mintues I have left to explain it all, but I can tell you for sure that Chile is so beautiful. Seeing the Andes mountains is sight in itself and just seeing the different way in which people live is insane, a good insane, but different for sure. We´ve been in Pocurro since Saturday afternoon and being out in the campo (countryside) is a stark contrast to the big city of Santiago. The house here is right next to the chapel and is super cute with a lemon tree out front. Here in the small city we have managed to do quite a bit, just like in the city. We even went to mass in Spanish, the first mass in a foreign country for me. I´ve even been to a birthday party here, very similar to the states and the cake was just as good if not better. And we went to an agriculture school here and I helped the kids learn the countries, very interesting since they were more interested in getting my phone number.

Well, I only have 3 minutes left on the computer, but all I can say is life here sure is different, but it´s wonderful at the same time. A life much slower and peaceful without the worry of going to school and working. I leave on Wednesday for Bolivgia for language school, so I´ll check my mail and such then and get back to you as soon as I can. Peace!

:-) natalie

1 comment:

Dana & Howard said...

I'm so touched by the maturity in the voice of your writing. I'm so proud of you and the journey you've embarked on. It sounds like you have an understanding of the magnitude of your choice to go, and I think it's a great one for you! Your life will be forever changed because of this choice, in a good way. You're marvelous.
Love you much,
Dana